Wednesday, January 24, 2007

2007 Alliance conference

I attended the 2007 Alliance for CME conference held last week in Phoenix, AZ; as always, had a great time catching up with my CME colleagues. I spent some time at the Thursday night reception chatting with Patrick G. Moran, M.D., who also consults in CME. Doctor Moran is a Fellow of the ACME and just an absolutely delightful gentleman. I thank him for taking the time to visit with me and share some of his experiences over the years. While you might expect me to write about the sessions (the new ACCME criteria, evaluation, challenges, etc.), I'd rather tell you about the quality of people I personally know in CME. They work at all levels in CME; they have different backgrounds, education, and experience. One thing I know for certain (do I sound like Oprah?) is that CME is a good "place" because of the quality of the people who work there.

No comments: