Many of the changes relate to even greater transparency, and include:Click here to access the ABPI's press release. Click here to access the code. Hat tip to Pharmalot.
- Companies will have to make publicly available a short description of their support for patient organisations for both financial and significant indirect support.
- Sponsorship declarations must accurately reflect the nature of the company’s involvement.
- It will be a breach of the code to fail to disclose details on ongoing clinical trials.
- Companies will need to have a contract for health professionals and others employed as consultants, and are strongly encouraged to require consultants to declare this as an interest.
- Companies are also encouraged to make publicly available information about donations and grants to institutions etc that support healthcare and research.
Saturday, May 10, 2008
Updated code of conduct for British drug makers
The Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry has an updated code of practice, effective July 1, 2008. According to the ABPI press release: